Fake Successfully Transferred SMS forwarded
Scammers attempt to obtain goods or services from businesses and offer to pay via M-PAiSA. Instead they edit and forward old M-PAiSA receipt messages stored on their phone to show they have paid when they haven't.
How to verify it’s not a scam?
- Always check the number from which you have received SMS. Genuine M-PAiSA receipts are sent from 181.
- Check if your M-PAiSA account balance increased by the stated amount
- Confirm the transaction in your transaction history and verify the receipt number.
- Seek confirmation from Customer Service (123, 124, or 125 for Post-pay customers) to validate the legitimacy of the transaction.
- For business payments, verify the transaction in the merchant portal to confirm receipt.